13 March 2017
Call for Applications: DanStem National Collaboration Initiative
The Danish Stem Cell Center (DanStem) at the University of Copenhagen hereby invites researchers and research groups at other Danish Universities and Research Institutions to apply for collaborative projects.
The successful projects will be funded by a donation from the Novo Nordisk Foundation.
The aim of the call is to strengthen and develop basic research within the stem cell and developmental biology areas in Denmark through the establishment of genuine national collaborations based on concrete research projects at a high scientific level. About 2-3 collaborative grants of up to DKK 1 million per year for up to 3 years will be awarded.
Successful applicants will be affiliated with the Danish Stem Cell Center - DanStem.
Application deadline: September 15, 2017, 4pm.
Project start: January 1st, 2018
The aim of the project must be in line with the overall aim of DanStem and complement research already conducted at the Center. Preference will be given to interdisciplinary projects. Information about the research conducted at DanStem can be found at: http://danstem.ku.dk/research1/
Translational projects and clinical trials are not eligible for funding.
Scientist(s) at all Danish Research Institutions and Universities except University of Copenhagen, in collaboration with scientist(s) at DanStem.
Profiles and contact information for DanStem’s Principal Investigators can be found at: http://danstem.ku.dk/research1/
- Salary for PhDs students and postdocs
- Salary for technical staff
- Laboratory consumables including animal costs and minor equipment
- Travel, tuition fees for PhD students
The budget must be justified. Administration costs and overhead are not funded.
Main selection criteria:
- Scientific excellence,
- Interdisciplinary, innovative, ambitious, original and genuinely collaborative research project with a clearly defined plan for how to reach the project aims,
- Contribution to the strengthening of the stem cell and developmental biology research in Denmark,
Submission of application:
The application must be submitted in English and include:
- 5-page research plan (excl. references but including figures and tables). Mandatory template
- Full CV (maximum of two pages per person) for the internal and the external applicant(s).
- List of publications in the last five years from internal and the external applicant(s).
- 1-page description of the external applicant(s)’s research group incl. size and composition of group, research environment and infrastructure.
- 1-page summary of project in English,
- A detailed budget. Mandatory template
The appendices listed must be submitted as one SINGLE pdf file by September 15th 2017 no later than 4pm.
To submit the application please click on the link below:
The applications will be reviewed by an independent international review panel. Decision letters will be forwarded to applicants in November 2017.
For questions regarding the call, please contact DanStem Research Coordinator Simone Wenkel, email@example.com.
LINK to the call document.