23 July 2015
We are offering a Postdoctoral Fellowship in Stem Cell and Developmental Biology
We are recruiting an enthusiastic postdoctoral candidate with a strong background in stem cell/developmental biology to join the Ferretti group at the Danish Stem Cell Center, (DanStem) University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
Job Description: Transcriptional regulation of mesodermal progenitor cells
We are recruiting an enthusiastic postdoctoral candidate with a strong background in stem cell/developmental biology to join our group at the Danish Stem Cell Center (DanStem) University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
Using in vitro and in vivo models, we investigate how transcription factors and signaling pathways interact to define mesodermal cell fate in the early mouse embryo and thereby develop tools for maximizing lineage differentiation of embryonic stem cells. Specifically, we aim to establish how transcription factors, histone modifications and nucleosome remodeling guide cell fate specification. A strong background in either gene regulation, or bio-informatics would enhance the relevance of the candidate. Furthermore, experience in early mouse development, such as, gastrulation stage, confocal and live imaging will be considered of particular relevance.
· A PhD in cell biology, genetics, stem cell biology, developmental biology, bioengineering or a similar field.
· An excellent publication record is required.
· Experience with the mouse model or with mouse ES cell culture, preferably both.
· Experience in confocal and live imaging will be an advantage.
· Strong motivation and excellent scientific skills are essential.
· Good English communication skills, both oral and written
· An analytical aptitude of devising innovative scientific or technical solutions.
To find out more about this position and to apply, please click HERE