DanStem > Staff
Morphogenesis and Differentiation Program
Panum, Building: 18.4
2200 København N
I am interested in finding good ways of using NMR and multivariate analysis in medical and biological sciences. One such application is NMR metabolomics, where I am especially interested in energy metabolism with focus on obesity & type 2 diabetes, and in using Drosophila as a metabolomic model for stress and disease. Another is macromolecular dynamics and interactions by NMR where I am interested in intrinsically disordered proteins and amyloids.
Primary fields of research
- NMR as a tool in complex biological systems.
- Exploration of metabolic responses in a wide variety of systems. Integrative analysis of multi-omic data.
- Major research areas include energy metabolism with focus on obesity & type 2 diabetes, and in using Drosophila as a metabolomic model for stress and disease.
- Metabolite responses in energy metabolism (e.g. obesity and diabetes) in humans and rat models.
- The usage of metabolomics as a tool to understand and evaluate stress and disease models in Drosophila.
- Applied NMR spectroskopy