Scientific Advisory Board
The DanStem Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) advises on the strategic direction of the Center, monitors the progress and development of the scientific programs, and assists in the establishment of external collaborations.
Initiated in 2011, the SAB meets every second year with the Executive Director, group leaders, platform specialists, PhD students, and postdoctoral researchers to learn about planned activities and strategic goals. The SAB then provides input on the priorities and directions of development to the Dean and Executive Director. The current members of the SAB are:
- Chairman Professor Kai Simons, Research Group Leader and Director Emeritus at Max-Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Dresden, Germany
- Professor Dominique Bonnet, Senior Group Leader at Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute, United Kingdom
- Professor Margaret Buckingham, Professor at the Pasteur Institute in Paris and Director of Research in The National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS), France
- Professor Janet Rossant, Senior Scientist, Departments of Molecular Genetics and Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Toronto, Canada
- Professor Michele De Luca, Director and Gene Therapy Program Coordinator, Centre for Regenerative Medicine, University of Modena, Italy