We are seeking an animal technician to join the Semb group
We are seeking a highly motivated and ambitious candidate to join the Semb group as soon as possible upon agreement. The position is time-limited to 1 year with a possible extension.
- Write and update applications for ethical permissions, breeding licenses and project plans.
- Performing in-vivo procedures in-line with ethical permissions e.g. blood samples and testing (blood glucose measurements), injections.
- Ensuring that all studies are in full compliance with protocols, policy and practice and scientists expectations.
- Animal breeding of transgenic mice, genotyping and interpretation of results.
- Working in conjunction with the scientists, lab staff and animal caretakers to ensure efficient scheduling of study related work.
- Ordering of animals, lab consumables.
- Data reporting.
- Genotyping of mice using PCR
- Other tasks related to the animal facility and laboratory.
- An educational background as animal technician or similar.FELASA B Certificate is a must.
- Extensive professional hands-on experience gained from in-vivo studies working with rodents.
- It is an advantage if you can carry out minor surgical procedures in rodents.
- A team-orientated approach, together with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independent within the Semb group.
- High level of attention to detail, conducive to the delivery of timely and accurate data.
- Committed to ongoing professional development, including a willingness to acquire and utilize new skills
- A good command of English.
- Familiar with MS word and Excel.
- stimulating, challenging and multifaceted research environment.
- possibility for continued education and training.
- attractive employment conditions.
- centrally located work place.
For further information about the position please contact professor Henrik Semb (email@example.com).