We are seeking a Laboratory Attendant
DanStem is seeking a service minded and conscientious attendant to handle various practical tasks in and around the laboratory. You will work closely with the Laboratory Manager and other attendants on a regular basis. Employment begins on 1 July 2020 or upon agreement until December 2021.
Your tasks will include
- Various tidying and cleaning tasks in the laboratory.
- Washing, autoclaving and cleaning laboratory equipment.
- Unpacking and stocking up deliveries.
- Ordering of basic supplies for the lab.
- Collect and dispose of laboratory waste.
- Collect laundry and pick up clean supplies.
- We expect you to work approximately 8 hours per week, preferably equal hours every weekday.
Your qualifications and personal skills
- You are reliable, responsible, and detail oriented.
- You approach your task systematically and you can work independently and thoroughly.
- You are service minded and conscientious and enjoy working in an international environment.
- You are able to communicate well in English (having Danish communication skills is an advantage, but not a requirement).
- Experience in working in the GMO laboratories is an advantage.
Employment conditions will be in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Organizations of Public Employees – governmental institutions (the OAO-S collective agreement) and under “Lager og–handelsarbejderne i hovedstaden”.
We expect you to work approximately 8 hours per week, preferably consistent hours every day.
Wages are paid based on working hours every month as standard salary for attendant at 147.80 DKK per hour (april 2020-level).
Your application must include
- Motivation letter.
- Curriculum vitae incl. education, experience, previous employments, language skills and other relevant skills.
For further information about the position, please contact DanStem Laboratory Manager Naomi Geshi by e-mail: email@example.com
Learn more about DanStem at https://danstem.ku.dk
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit your application, CV, and other relevant documents by clicking “Apply now” below. We will conduct an ongoing screening of the applications and invite relevant applicants for an interview.
Application deadline: 10 May 2020
Please note that applications received later than this date will not be considered.
University of Copenhagen wish to reflect the diversity of society and welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation. Appointment will be based on merit alone.
Part of the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU), and among Europe’s top-ranking universities, the University of Copenhagen promotes research and teaching of the highest international standard. Rich in tradition and modern in outlook, the University gives students and staff the opportunity to cultivate their talent in an ambitious and informal environment. An effective organisation – with good working conditions and a collaborative work culture – creates the ideal framework for a successful academic career.