The Research Coordinator will be part of the Strategic Research Support team, working closely with the team members, Management team, scientists at DanStem, and relevant departments across the University and external collaborators in a variety of areas.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinating teaching activities and opening new initiatives in education at DanStem
- Supporting and advising the DanStem postdoc community (DanStem Postdoctoral Association, Ca-Op)
- Joining the team in the efforts at DanStem to optimize the success of attracting external funding
- Taking a leading role in coordinating and writing high quality academic reports
- Supporting academic writing projects
Qualifications, competences and experience
We are seeking a candidate who:
- Is proactive, innovative, analytical, goal- and solution-oriented
- Has a strong ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and frequent deadlines
- Thrives as part of a team, as well as in independent work, and develops good relations in a multi-cultural research environment
- Has experience with organizing or coordinating educational activities
- Has excellent communication skills in English, with strong scientific writing skills and proven ability to summarize research results.
A PhD degree in natural or health sciences and postdoctoral research experience will be an advantage.
We proudly offer a stimulating, multifaceted and international environment of high scientific and societal impact; the possibility for continued education and training; a collaborative and creative team; and the opportunity for collaboration with departments and centers at the University and greater community.
The employment period will be 15August 2019 or upon agreement with the chosen candidate until 31 December 2020. The place of work is at DanStem, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 3B, Copenhagen. The position, with formal employment title of Special Consultant at the University of Copenhagen, will be in accordance with the provisions of the collective agreement between the Danish Government and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations). To the salary is added a monthly contribution to a pension fund according to the collective agreement, and a supplement can be negotiated, depending on the candidate’s experiences and qualifications.
Inquiries are welcome to Chief Operating Officer Gretchen Repasky (firstname.lastname@example.org).
How to apply
To apply, please submit your application, in English,via https://employment.ku.dk/administrative/
by clicking “Apply online”. Applications must include a statement of motivation, curriculum vitae, and copies of relevant diplomas. Only complete applications in English, submitted online by the deadline will be accepted.
DanStem highly values diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
The closing date for applications is May 10 at 23.59 pm.