10 April 2019
We are seeking a Research Technician for the Imaging Platform
We are now seeking a highly motivated and qualified research technician to work alongside the specialists within the Imaging Platform at DanStem.
Advanced light microscopy is a key technology for a wide variety of research areas at DanStem. The Center hosts approximately 200 scientists regularly using applications in cellular imaging of a variety of model systems including primary and transformed cell lines, 3D cell cultures, tissues, and animal models. For these purposes, the Center houses ten state-of-the-art research microscopes, including several confocal, high-content screening, and wide-field microscopes for various applications. We are now seeking a highly motivated and qualified research technician to work alongside the specialists within the Imaging Platform at DanStem.
The research technician works in a team with dedicated specialists in microscopy and image analysis to provide service, training and support for research projects. Specifically, the technician is expected to
- Provide training for a variety of microscopes and applications
- Carry out microscope performance maintenance on a regular basis
- Coordinate microscope technical service
- Provide support and training on basic image analysis (Image J and Imaris) in collaboration with the specialist.
- Cooperate with platform personnel
- Network actively with the local microscopy community and stay up-to-date with current trends in the field
Qualifications and competences
Candidates are expected to have a lab technician degree with experience in microscopy, with at least one year of experience in light microscopy or a Master’s degree in a biological sciences-related discipline.
In addition, we wish for the candidate to have:
- A proactive, service-minded and team-player attitude, with an ability to multi-task
- The ability to organize the work, and not being afraid of showing initiative.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and international environment
- Knowledge of hardware and software from a variety of vendors is an advantage
- An understanding of principles of microscopy and an interest to work with the platform specialists
- Experience with basic image analysis is an advantage
The employment has an initial duration until 31 December 2020. The duration of the employment is conditional on an external grant.
For candidates holding a Master’s degree, the employment will be in accordance with the provisions of the collective agreement between the Danish Government and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations).
For candidates holding a lab technician degree, the employment will be in accordance with the agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and OAO/HK STAT. The position is placed in salary group 5.
To the salary is added a monthly contribution to a pension fund according to the collective agreement, and a supplement can be negotiated, depending on the candidate’s experiences and qualifications.
In all cases, the ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration, and thus we encourage all, regardless of their personal background and status, to apply.
Inquiries can be directed to Chief Operating Officer Gretchen Repasky, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please submit your application, in English, via https://employment.ku.dk/administrative by clicking “Apply online”. Applications must include a statement of motivation, curriculum vitae, and copies of relevant diplomas. Only applications in English and submitted online and will be accepted.
The Center highly value diversity and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
The closing date for applications is May 31, 2019 at 23.59 pm.
Founded in 1479, the University of Copenhagen is the oldest university in Denmark. It is among the largest universities in Scandinavia and is one of the highest ranking in Europe. The University´s eight faculties include Health Sciences, Humanities, Law, Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Science, Social Sciences and Theology. www.ku.dk